1. What is your name and where are you from?
Hello there! I’m Ashlee Elle and I am from Sugarland, Texas.
2. What is your craft? How long have you been crafting? And how did you learn?
I am a Lover of All of Crafts though Crocheting is my everything. I have been crocheting for well over ten years, which I started right before College. I was introduced through my family-they all had a craft night featuring Crochet and I immediately was hooked (so to speak!) Through trial and error, researching and YouTube I am still learning more to this day.
3. What is your favorite project?
My favorite project was creating my very own Fall Crochet Pattern Book on Blurb, which is titled, “The Autumn Tales.” I constructed all 20 items, wrote all of the patterns (including the poetry within the book) as well as photographed all of the items I was wearing. It was and still is-a dream of mine to one day have my very own crochet book, so I just constructed it all by myself. Which is why I strongly believe if you want something-go out and do it for yourself.
4. Who is your crafting inspiration?
My crafting inspiration comes from numerous Artists, it’s quite arduous to select just one. Every day, every week it alters and I’m truly amazed by what everyone is creating.
5. What advice would you give a fellow woman of color who has just begun her crafting journey?
Stay true to yourself. I wouldn’t concern myself with what others are creating. Your ideas are valid, your designs are exactly what they should be and never falter with your confidence within the craft. There is always room to grow and bloom.
6. How can we connect with you? (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Etsy shop, website…list them all)