1. What’s your name and where are you from?
My name is Bri. I’m currently residing in South Florida, but I’m from Delaware.
2. How long have you been natural? Why did you decide to begin your natural hair journey? And did you Big Chop or Transition?
I’ve been natural since summer of 2006. That was the year I moved to Florida. I stopped relaxing my hair at that time, opting to use heat until about 2010.
3. Who is your hair crush/hair inspiration?
Naptural85 is my hair inspiration. I like that I can relate to her hair. We use similar products and our hair responds similarly. Plus, she does all of the hairstyles.
4. What is your go-to hair style?
I live in twists and twistouts. I like to deal with my hair once a week. When I try other styles on my hair, I’m content. When I install twists, I’m at peace. Mostly because they’re effortless once they’re installed.
5. What is the one product that you cannot live without? Why?
East African Shea Butter is my grail product. I have found that my hair responds well to anything with shea butter as one of the first ingredients, but the East African Shea Butter is another step in the right direction for me. When I take my twists out, they feel so moisturized without being heavy or oily. I’ve worn a twistout easily up to 14 days with my Shea.
6. What advice would you give to a Curlfriend who has just begun her natural hair journey?
Your hair will test you. Don’t let it win. Once you get an idea of what it likes, it’ll reward you.
7. How can we connect with you?
Thank You Bri!
If you have additional questions that you would like to ask our CurlFriend, please feel free to share in the comment section. Follow Bri on Instagram @GeekyCurly .
Expect to meet our next CurlFriend in April!