1. What’s your name and where are you from?
Hi name is Teshna and I am originally from Jamaica. I’m currently living in London UK.
2. How long have you been natural? Why did you decide to begin your natural hair journey? And did you Big Chop or Transition?
I have been natural for 6 years now, I decided to do a big chop instead of transitioning because I wanted to see what my head shape would be like without any hair LOL.
Also, I was too impatient to transition.
Going natural was a very easy decision for me because prior to my big chop, I had been natural most of my life. I had experimented with relaxers and curly perms whilst in college. However, a few short years later I missed my curly fro and I just could not deal with the constant breakage and dry hair! That was the fuel I needed to start my healthy hair journey.
3. Who is your hair crush/hair inspiration?
I have a few hair crushes on Instagram @simplycyn, @Neffyfrofro & @xandervintage
I’ve recently been gushing over Yarashidi’s hair. I just love some of her latest hair styles.
4. What is your go-to hair style?
This is a very hard question as I am always chopping and changing. Currently, I don’t have a go to hair style. If I had to pick I would say just a wash and go or a high bun.
5. What is the one product that you cannot live without? Why?
Giovanni Leave in conditioner!
Not only is it a great moisturiser, it detangles my hair and also defines my curls. If that isn’t magic I don’t know what is.
6. What advice would you give to a Curlfriend who has just begun her natural hair journey?
Patience is really important! Just remember your hair is unique to you and comparison really is the thief of Joy.
7. How can we connect with you?
You can find me on social media on all platforms: @Queenteshna.
If you are looking for natural hair tips or easy natural hair tutorials then please check out my YouTube channel.
Thank you Teshna!!!