1. What is your name and where are you from?
Amy, from New York!
2. What is your craft? How long have you been crafting? And how did you learn?
I have been knitting, sewing, and making art for most of my life. My grandmom taught me to knit at her kitchen table. I have inherited her supplies and I treasure them so much. It’s a great way for me to remember her by using her tools.
3. What is your favorite project?
My favorite project is always a sweater! I love to make garments but short sleeved sweaters are my absolute favorite in true 1950’s style. I also love a turban, the style is so retro chic but also functional, and fun to knit!
4. Who is your crafting inspiration?
Gretchen Hirsch – Gertie! She inspired me to begin designing so I might have sweaters and accessories to go with her gorgeous sewing patterns.
5. What advice would you give a fellow knitwear designer who has just begun her crafting journey?
My best advice is to knit other peoples patterns. It’s a great way to learn what you like and dislike about pattern writing, and to finesse your own style!
6. How can we connect with you?
You can find me on instagram: @poisongrrls and my patterns are available in Ravelry shop: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/poison-grrls
I am cohosting a knit-along for a great vintage inspired basic sweater top, Beauty School! https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/beauty-school , we cast on July 23 and there will be some really great prizes!
Thank you Amy!