1. What is your name and where are you from?
My name is Alexander Reynoso but call me Alex. Born and raised in Harlem from Dominican and Puerto Rican parents.
2. What is your craft? How long have you been crafting? And how did you learn?
I’m a fiber artist, I knit, crochet, spin yarn, dye yarn, machine knit, weave and felt. I picked crochet off of youtube in 2010. As I was teaching myself I found that I was also giving my mom and grandmother a refresher. I’ve been crafting/creating for as long as I remember but it didn’t click that I was a creative person until I tried going to business school.
3. What is your favorite project?
My favorite project is any yarnbomb that gets attention and love. It’s a rewarding feeling to have people post pictures with something that took weeks to make and I then attached to a fence or tree.
4. Who is your crafting inspiration?
Stephen West for sure, love how he reinterprets garment construction and shape. I follow yarnbombers like @naomirag, @knitsforlife , @hijennybrown, @bindingthings and I get inspired by their use of yarn in the street. Some yarn dyers I follow for their business strategies or color sense are @ontheround, @countessablaze, @spunrightround, @jilldrapermakesstuff.
5. What advice would you give a fellow crafter who has just begun their yarn spinning and dyeing journey?
Enjoy the newness of these primitive crafts and be resourceful with the advantages of modern technologies.
6. How can we connect with you?
Youtube- Alexander Reynoso/AlexCreate
Thanks for sharing Alex!