October flew by and somehow I didn’t get the chance to share the story of my newest CurlFriend. So, this month I’m the CurlFriend you will meet. Continue below to read all about my hair journey 🙂
1. What’s your name and where are you from?
My name is Cherrelle and I’m from Trenton, New Jersey.
2. How long have you been natural? Why did you decide to begin your natural hair journey? And did you Big Chop or Transition?
I’ve been natural since 2012. I transitioned for 8 months before I cut all of the relaxed parts of my hair in 2013. I decided to stop relaxing my hair after I found out I was pregnant with Eva, my youngest daughter. That’s the first time I remember seeing my true curl pattern and I couldn’t keep my hands out of my hair. I fell in love with my curls in my mid-20s and decided I didn’t want my daughters to wait that long to love theirs.
3. Who is your hair crush/hair inspiration?
My very first hair crush was (and still is) Naptural85. Watching her videos gave me the courage to cut my hair.
4. What is your go-to hair style?
My go-to hair style is “flat twists in the front with a high puff in the back” and I always use my PuffCuff.
5. What is the one product that you cannot live without? Why?
I cannot live without The Doux Sucka Free Moisturizing Shampoo. It cleanses my hair and scalp without drying me out. Whenever I use it I know that my hair is fresh.
6. What advice would you give to a Curlfriend who has just begun her natural hair journey?
My advice is: be patient with your hair. Take your time and be gentle. Trying to figure out your hair may get a little frustrating at times, but you will find a routine that works for you. Oh! And don’t compare you hair to anyone else’s.
7. How can we connect with you?
Make sure you’re following http://www.ItsReallyRelle.com so that you are updated when Our November CurlFriend is uploaded.