1. What is your name and where are you from?Yolonda Jordan from North Carolina.
2. What is your craft? How long have you been crafting? And how did you learn?I’m a crochet artist. I specifically design crochet brown dolls. I have been crocheting since I was seven years old and learned from my Great Aunt.
3. What is your favorite project?Almost every doll I have made has been my favorite. But Mia is my all time favorite design. It was after making her that I knew for sure that I wanted to be a doll maker full time.
4. Who is your crafting inspiration?I find inspiration in a lot of different people and things, I’m most often inspired by little brown girls that I see just being their joyful selves.
5. What advice would you give a crocheter who has just begun her crafting journey?Your only competition is you. In the world of social media it is easy to compare and try to do and be like everybody else. I often times just go back and look at my old work; if I can see progress from one doll to the next then I know I’m on the right path.
6. How can we connect with you?
Thank you for sharing Yolanda!!!