1. What’s your name and where are you from?
My name is Derecka McCants and I’m from Baton Rouge, La.
2. How long have you been natural? Why did you decide to begin your natural hair journey? And did you Big Chop or Transition?
I’ve been natural for 5 years. I decided to begin my natural hair journey because I wanted to stand out and be different. No one in my family had natural hair at the time. When I decided to go on the journey, little did I know that I would influence my sisters and some family members to do so! I transitioned for 15 mths.
3. Who is your hair crush/hair inspiration?
My hair inspiration is Naptural85! She inspired me to return natural!
4. What is your go-to hair style?
I’m definitely a twist out kinda girl!
5. What is the one product that you cannot live without? Why?
One product I can’t live without is Mielle Pomegranate and Honey leave in! I love it and it leaves my hair so moisturized!
6. What advice would you give to a Curlfriend who has just begun her natural hair journey?
Patience is definitely key when it comes to learning and loving your hair! Always remember health over length. Once your hair is healthy the length will come.
7. How can we connect with you?
Thank you for sharing Derecka!