1. What is your name and where are you from?
Hi! I’m Tamy Gore, born and raised in Jamaica, went to college in Germany and lived there for around 10 years until I moved to the US where I now live in NJ. Goodness, that reads like a long answer!
2. What is your craft? How long have you been crafting? And how did you learn?
I’m a knitter and have been knitting since 2013. I was taught by my Goddaughter and I’m so thankful that her and her siblings took the time to teach Aunt Tamy how to knit. I made many misshapen, holey scarves in the process but it was fun and I haven’t put the needles down since.
3. What is your favorite project?
I love knitting shawls! Now, if you’re asking of all the projects I’ve made which is my favorite, then that would currently (‘currently’ because it always changes) be the Pixie Dust shawl.
4. Who is your crafting inspiration?
Hmm, that’s hard. I think Joji Locatelli would be my crafting inspiration. I like her style and her versatility.
5. What advice would you give a crafter who has just begun her crafting journey?
Find your own path and knit what makes you happy. Don’t shy away from something just because it seems difficult, try it and try it again until you have conquered it. That feeling of finally getting a grasp of something that seemed impossible is awesome!
6. How can we connect with you?
Thank you for sharing Tamy!!!