1. What is your name and where are you from?
Hi, I am Robin and I am from a small town in the Hudson Valley Region of New York (close to Rhinebeck.)
2. What is your craft? How long have you been crafting? And how did you learn?
I am a dyer and a knitter. I have been knitting for twelve years and dyeing for five years. My mother and her friend taught me how to knit after I kept asking my mom for the scarves she made. She finally told me I needed to learn for myself, and it has ended up being such a gift. I learned to dye after being unable to find the color I had in mind for a gift; my husband suggested I just do it myself. After researching and experimenting, I was completely taken in by it.
3. What is your favorite project?
I love making shawls. I’m always cold, so they come in handy. This year I have tried making socks, and I enjoyed doing that as well.socks, I
4. Who is your crafting inspiration?
The things that inspire me the most are nature and the books that I read. I also have a collection called the 5 Swans Series that is inspired by the lives of my Grandmother and her sisters. I wanted to honor them, and celebrate the amazing women I know/knew them to be.
5. What advice would you give a crafter who has just begun her crafting journey?
Enjoy yourself! Don’t compare yourself to others, just enjoy yourself and don’t set limitations. You’ll be surprised by what you’re able to create.
6. How can we connect with you?